We recently completed the installation of a Composite external door self assembly kit. However this was slightly different to our most jobs due to the kit been sourced online via customer. Due to this, the new front porch was built to match the measurements of the door frame. The front porch had already been built earlier by another contractor to measurements provided by customer. So when we first attended the property the front porch was boarded up across the opening. Because of this we encountered a few issues with the measurements of the opening , which in turn required the supplied frame needing additional work so it would fit. The kit comprised of the frame in x5 separate pieces, the door and side panel, then also all the required ironmongery such as door handle & locks.
We managed to complete the project in a single day using x2 men . During the project we tried to capture the progression of the installation from start to finish. So this is the main aim of the images shown below
Listed below in separate stages is how we progressed the installation
- 1 – Assembly of the door frame
- 2 – Installation of the frame into the new porch
- 3 – Side panel is then fixed into the door frame
- 4 – Installation of door into the frame
- 5 – Installation of letter box, door handle and door locks
- 6 – Final stage, install sealant around door frame and under take quality assurance check
- Work was completed in single day – June 2021
You must log in to post a comment.